Do You Have a Plan?
October is National Cyber Security Awareness month! This week, I have one question for you.
Do you have a plan?
If you are responsible for cyber security in your workplace, are you putting things in place to create a culture of security among the workforce?
Remember that users of your network, information, and physical resources are there to accomplish their work and may not understand how everyday actions can lead to data breaches, disruptions, and financial loss.
A security-minded workforce doesn’t happen by accident.
Be intentional with your goal.
In the absence of guidance, users will choose an action, but it may not be the one that you want!
If you need a reminder of how aware users act and unaware users act, see our blog post about Aware vs. Unaware Employees.
Things to Consider
- What do employees/users need to know to help them avoid the most common threats and errors?
- Can you work training into an existing employee on-boarding process?
- How will you put out security reminders on an on-going basis?
- What are the outcomes of a security-minded workforce and how will you measure this?
- Can you realistically put the mechanisms in place to measure your goals?